Monday, April 6, 2009

Internet Safety

Reading:


  • For my fourth article I read William C. Porter, “I Have a Question,” Ensign, Mar. 2001 that talked about what to do as a parent to have internet safetly in the house.

  • The most important things I learned from the readings was to be aware. To know how to use filters, and teach children about the internet and that it is good but can be abused by some people and used for bad things.

  • As a parent and teacher I will make sure my children know internet safetly. I will put my computer in a high traffic area and talk to my children about various internet safetly points. I want them to not be afraid of asking me anything.

  • For my family and friends, I can simply encourage them to follow the same guidelines set out by church leaders about internet safety. It's important to stay up to date on technology, especially technology that our children and students are using.


Watching:


Watching the clips and personal accounts about identity and safety on the internet made it all much more real to me. It is so important that we take all the measures we can to help our children and students understand what is out there. We need to be aware adults and know what are children are up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment